As you begin reading and working through my book, Ambition Is Not A Dirty Word: A Woman’s Guide To Earning Her Worth and Achieving Her Dreams, you are going to have your brain cells firing with career insights and questions. I want you to start an Ambition Journal to record what you discover during this process. Words are powerful, and writing down your ideas is a great way to power up your most ambitious self.
An Ambition Journal is a must. It will keep you from losing all the little bits of career information you pick up along the way. You know what I mean: you jot down a note or name or idea—but the one day you need it, and fast, it’s nowhere to be found. Your Ambition Journal will be a place to compile all of your notes, contacts, articles, and resources. This isn’t a diary for your personal life; it is strictly a career tool.
Also use your Ambition Journal to record your responses to the exercises, quizzes and questionnaires that appear throughout the book. This will provide you with a confidential record of what you discover as you dig out your most ambitious self. If you prefer, you can also fill out the quizzes and questionnaires here on the AmbitionIsNotADirtyWord.com website, and then print them out and put them into your Ambition Journal.
Your Ambition Journal will serve you throughout your entire career. It will be a fresh, solid professional foundation you have built and a template you can refer back to and use as a lifelong guide.
Now get ready to unleash your most ambitious self.
- Reality Check no. 1: Am I Holding Myself Back Without Even Realizing It?
- Reality Check no. 2: Is Sacrificing My Needs at the Expense of My Ambition Honorable?
- Reality Check no. 3: What Can I Only Get From Career Ambition?
- Reality Check no. 4: Do I Get What I Deserve?
- Reality Check no. 5: Making 'Em Pay Or Giving It Away?
- Reality Check no. 6: How To Spot Power Detractors and Saboteurs—How To See Them Coming Next Time
- Reality Check no. 7: Detractor Vulnerability Quiz
- Reality Check no. 8: Are The Fraud Police Banging On My Door?
- Reality Check no. 9: Do You Apologize To Downplay Your Expertise?
- Reality Check no. 10: Am I On Track Right Now With My Ambition?